FINO’s Green Peas, lentils, walnuts & stracciatella
• 1 Cup fresh peas (about 500g unshelled)
• 1 Tblspn cooked blue or red lentils
• ½ Tblspn shelled walnuts, lightly crushed
• 1 Tblspn chives finely sliced
• 1 Handful of pea shoots
• 1 Tspn preserved lemon rind finely chopped
• 2 Shallots finely chopped
• 1 Tblspn extra virgin olive oil
• 2 Tblspn Stracciatella
Gently fry the shallots in olive oil until soft. Add the preserved lemon.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and lemon juice if required.
Quickly steam or boil peas. Add to warmed lentils, walnuts, chives and
preserved lemon dressing.
Spread Stracciatella around the plate and spoon peas over the top.
Top with dressed pea shoots.
Note: Stracciatella is a specialty cheese originally from Puglia, made from Buffalo mozzarella combined with cream. We use an Australian producer, Vannella Cheese. It is available from most good cheese suppliers. Burrata or goats curd make good substitutes.
Did you know we also make Olive Oil? Get yours HERE